Hey there! Welcome to Budget Kitty!
My name is Mike, and I’m a family guy with a beautiful wife and three amazing kids.
As a family of five living on a single income we know what it’s like to struggle with money. There have been times we’ve found ourselves falling into credit card debt and struggling to make ends meet.
Time and again we’d dig our way out of the hole only to fall back in all over again. Things got pretty frustrating at times as we struggled to stay on top of our bills.
But over time, and through plenty of trial and error…and error, and error…we managed to map out a plan to get us out of debt for good. We’re still working to pay off those bills but we’re in a much better place these days.
Here’s a little about me so you can get to know me better:
- I’m a hardcore family guy and I love nothing more than crashing at home with my wife and kids
- I’m addicted to Stranger Things
- I love craft beer, especially IPAs
- When I was a kid I told people I was allergic to fish, but I really just thought it was gross
- I’m a morning person but these days I need some serious coffee to get my motor going
- The commute to my day job is 38 miles each way and it sucks
- I wish I traveled more before we started having kids
- This blog’s name was inspired by our family cat Jasmine
What’s In It For You?
I know what you’re thinking. This Mike guy sounds pretty cool and all, but why should I listen to what he has to say?
Well, I’m not a financial adviser and I don’t even play one on TV. I’m just a normal guy who has learned a lot of lessons the hard way. If you’re struggling with some aspect of your finances, I’ve probably already been there and I can help you figure it out.
If you stick with me you’ll be able to:
- Get organized and take control of your finances
- Set priorities and be able to say “no” to things that don’t move you closer to your goals
- Cut your expenses and stretch your budget
- Increase your income so you can afford to reward yourself
- Find more time to enjoy your life and loved ones
Sweet! Then just pop in your name and email address below to so you don’t miss a thing.
It’s going to be a fun ride. 🙂