Last updated on January 6th, 2019
I taught myself how to make chicken parm pizza at home and now I’m going to share the recipe with you!
Is there anyone on Earth that doesn’t love pizza?
If there is, I don’t want to meet them!
My family would be perfectly happy if we ate pizza once a week, but that just doesn’t fit in with our food budget.
So to keep our appetite for pizza satisfied, we started making our own homemade pizza which is delicious, healthy, and much cheaper than ordering from a pizzeria.
And it is so simple to make!
Once you start making your own homemade pizza, you’ll want to make it again and again.
And here’s the best part:
You can put just about ANYTHING on a pizza. So making your own pizza at home is an easy way to turn boring leftovers into something awesome that the kids will actually eat!
That’s exactly how we created this simple recipe for homemade chicken parm pizza. We had eaten fried chicken cutlets the night before and I didn’t want to just heat the leftovers up.
So I started thinking:
Chicken parm is really just chicken cutlets, sauce, and cheese. Put it on top of a pizza and you’ve got pure deliciousness!
Homemade Chicken Parm Pizza
- Pizza Dough (from the supermarket)
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce (from a jar or homemade)
- 8 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 or 3 Leftover Chicken Cutlets
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Sprinkle flour on a large, smooth surface like a counter top or butcher’s block. Use your hands or a rolling pin to work the dough and spread it until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Carefully place the dough onto a pizza stone or a well-sprayed cooking sheet.
- Use a ladle to evenly spread the sauce onto the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese evenly onto the dough.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and top the pizza with them.
- Sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the dough is cooked and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizza, slice, and enjoy!
This homemade chicken parm recipe is so simple, yet so delicious!
And it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare!
Below are some pictures I took the last time we made chicken parm pizza. Doesn’t it look good??
My daughter likes the cheese nice and crunchy so that’s why it might look a little well done. If you take it out just a minute or two earlier it will be a little more gooey.
Here’s the pizza dough rolled out and placed onto the pizza stone waiting for its toppings:
With the sauce added:
Now with the chicken and cheese on top. Ready for the oven!
Finally out of the oven and ready for slicing:
Now you know how to make chicken parm pizza at home!
Try it out for yourself and then let me know how it turned out.