This super simple recipe for one pot spaghetti with meat sauce is a favorite in our our house.
Pasta is a staple in our pantry and in our family’s diet.
First of all, pasta is cheap. You can pick up a whole pound of dry pasta for less than a buck and that’s a great way to stretch your grocery budget.
Secondly, it’s so versatile! We never get tired of it because there are so many different ways to prepare pasta using various sauces and ingredients. Each meal is unique.
The recipe below is one of my absolute favorites. It’s simple, healthy, and ready to eat in about 30 minutes.
That makes it perfect for those crazy nights when you’ve been running around all day and have no time or energy to spare.
Having quick and easy meals like this available will keep you away from the McDonalds drive thru!
Oh, one more thing I love about this meal is the easy cleanup. Since everything cooks in one pot cleanup is a breeze.
We use our favorite pot that we bought on Amazon for this recipe but you can use any large pot as long as it is deep and has high sides.
Ready to cook? Let’s get started!
One Pot Spaghetti With Meat Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef (or sausage)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 quart chicken or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, add oil, onions, and garlic. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Add the ground beef (or ground sausage) and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through. Use a wooden spatula to break apart the meat while cooking.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, broth, salt, pepper, oregano, crushed red pepper. Whisk well to combine the ingredients and bring it to a light boil.
- Add spaghetti and gently stir to coat. Stirring occasionally, let cook for about 12 -15 minutes or until spaghetti is cooked and sauce has thickened.
- Top it with the Parmesan cheese and serve with a loaf of fresh Italian bread and a healthy salad.